Prostate massagers are a bit of a step away from the penis-focused products we are typically reviewing. However, we have recently decided that a step away is a good thing, especially with something as tickling as a prostate massager from the king of luxury male sex toys, Lelo.
The Lelo Hugo is a figurehead product from Lelo. While they may not be as well known globally as Fleshlight or Tenga, they are still a force to be reckoned with. But how did they fare up in our testing?
THE LELO HUGO: WHAT IS IT?
The Hugo is a high-quality prostate massager, with luxurious material designs and a long-lasting battery. Built for either solo or team play, it has some strong technology inside it, as well as some of the most advanced feature sets we have ever seen in a glorified mechanical butt plug. Using the Hugo in combination with good male masturbators can enhance masturbation even further.
Upon unboxing, the first thing you’ll notice is the sleek design of the Hugo. That is on purpose. Sleek and slick, perfect for insertion without any of the struggles that are common with those lower quality options that hitch on the way in, if you know what we mean.
In the box (which is not discrete, mind you) is the massager, a wireless remote, charging cable, instructions, a pack of water-based lube, and a storage pouch (so you can toss that box as soon as possible).
One important thing to note regarding the functionality of the Hugo: it may take a while to get the hang of, so don’t toss the instructions! The buttons on the wireless remote can take a bit to get used to. However, once you do get used to them, the world of fun and convenience opens up.
If you’re new to the world of anal fun you might want to check out our first time anal guide. While it mostly focuses on anal sex, there are some great tips for sex toys too!
FEATURES PRESENT IN THE LELO HUGO
Yes, it’s true that we were a bit confused at first with the controls. But, we learned quickly, and once we did, we were off to the races. The material of the Hugo is the standard high-quality silicone found in most luxury sex toys. This gave the product a nice, smooth finish, perfect for insertion. Interestingly enough, the remote has the same material. Why? Get this, it can be used as an external stimulation tool, and itself can vibrate in tandem with the prostate massager. This was a game changer for us.
The massager is about five and a half inches long (perfectly average, if you know what we mean) and a tad shy of four inches in girth. There are two curved prongs. One of them is for tickling the perineum, and the other massages the prostate.
The most incredible feature of the Lelo Hugo we found accidentally. When we took the remote control, and turned it onto its side, the vibration patterns instantly increased. We tilted it to the other side, and the vibrations decreased. This is due to the amazing SenseMotion technology embedded in the Hugo’s remote that talks to the prostate massager.
There are alternative options, though, if this sounds confusing or like a bit too much to start out. The Lelo Hugo also features six separate pre-programmed functions that can all be controlled through pushing one of the three buttons on the top of the remote. To recap, with the Lelo Hugo prostate massager remote control, you can:
- Pair with the main prostate massager for incredible sensations
- Turn it off and use the prostate massager by itself
- Use the remote control as a vibrator on its own
The possibilities are endless, and you are legitimately getting two sex toys for the price of one.
GOOD VIBRATIONS: THE FEEL OF THE HUGO
Manufacturers of the Lelo Hugo were very smart when they decided to go with high-grade medical silicone as opposed to latex, rubber, or plastics. The Hugo feels like it is simply gliding perfectly into our bodies, without the friction found with lower quality plastic alternatives. Use the included lube (or any other
The prongs are rigid, which is great if that is your style. The curve of these prongs is perfectly measured for a one-size-fits-almost-all to touch the perineum and the prostate simultaneously. However, we do with that there were maybe a few more vibration patterns available than the six that are pre-programmed. Overall, though, this product had no issues bringing forth some powerful prostate-focused orgasms.
PROS AND CONS OF THE LELO HUGO
As stated, the Lelo Hugo is an incredible male sex toy. However, in our testing we noticed a few disadvantages to go along with the multiple advantages that this toy has to offer.
- The product is incredibly “smooth”. It fits like a glove, and is sized appropriately to reach the maximum number of users and various levels of experience with anal toys for men. There is also no latex or phthalates, so it is hypoallergenic as well.
- Feature rich, the Hugo is waterproof and submersible, with a two hour run time on a full charge (but with two AAA batteries as backup for longer sessions), and motion activated sensors. This is truly the Bentley of male sex toys.
- This product is incredibly easy to clean. Use a specific toy cleaner, or just wash with warm water and mild soap, give it a good rinse, and set it out to air dry. The wonders of waterproof, airtight male sex toys, we tell you.
- After 15-20 charges, it needs new batteries. There is no indication of the current battery life on the product at all, though, so that ends up being a mystery as to when a new battery is needed. Additionally, the charge time is longer than most, with over an hour for 120 minutes of play.
- Lelo highly recommends their antibacterial toy cleaner spray to clean the sex toy. This is meant to preserve the silicone, but is very expensive compared to standard rinsing. We haven’t been able to see any deterioration yet with simple rinses.
OUR FINAL THOUGHTS ON THE LELO HUGO
We are living in a world where attention spans are short. As such, it takes quite a bit from a male sex toy to really pique our attention to complete a long write-up on it. The Lelo Hugo is one of those sex toys that fits perfectly into this category.
The Lelo Hugo is one of those sex toys that we received to review, but then kept in our standard toy rotation, where it will likely stay for quite a while. We have yet to run across a more effective and powerful device to stimulate the prostate.
Overall, we find the Hugo to be an amazingly customizable and personalized device with very strong features. They seem to have drawn from complains in competing products and developed a new take on prostate massage from the ground up. Whatever they did, it is working for us, and we are sure it will work for you as well.
Leave a Reply